23.2.12

Spread

Things:
-Sungod: played a show recently as a two-piece, first time in ages, plus the first time without drums. We're on the finishing stages of a ton of material that we've been laboring on for months. This batch of material will definitely have much more synth, some flute, bass, piano and more slide guitar along with segments of field recordings as well. I'm very excited about this stuff, worth the wait/tape machine problems. We have a re-release of our Laurentide cassette coming out on sonic meditations and another cassette of a live set on dusty grass imprint.

-Hatred Surge: finishing up our second LP. playing some shows around chaos in tejas. the new stuff will feature just alex on vocals and, in my opinion, rejuvenates many of the things i loved about the band before I was in it.

-The Impalers: maybe finishing up a small group of songs soon but no promises. time isn't on our side. playing some shows around chaos with them as well.

-The MMudprinTTs: new band where i primarily play guitar, with an old friend(Mike Engle) plodding on drums. Recording this project very soon, we have about 20 minutes of material but it should prove to be a fun exercise. Maybe a few live shows once we figure out how to release the material but not much.

As for the rest of my life, school is going well although keeping me very busy. Work is more comfortable than ever and all else is truly a marvel. I am getting back into checking out movies I haven't seen rather than revisiting. Most recently Thief with James Caan, directed by a younger Michael Mann. Incredible example of noir/neonoir. You can even feel his directorial style that way back then.

I'm going to make it a point to start posting mixes as often as possible, This is the first one.

Tracks:
1 Black Pus - Hole in the Ground
2 Jimi Tenor/Tony Allen - Darker Side of Night
3 Mark McGuire - Brainstorm(For Erin)
4 Soul Coughing - True Dreams of Wichita
5 Phantomsmasher - Scrolling Sideways
6 Windy & Carl - Nature of Memory
7 Achim Reichel & The Machines - As if I Have Seen This All Before
8 Bill Orcutt - Way Down South 5
9 NOMO - If You Want
10 Agents of Abhorrence - Mint
11 Grant Green & Donald Byrd - Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child
12 Marijata - No Condition is Permanent
13 Nirvana - I Hate Myself and I Want to Die
14 Walter Wegmuller - Die Kraft
15 Roy Montgomery & Chris Heaphy - Spurious

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?9hmbmuzrz6jxz6k

These mixes will mainly represent what I've been listening to lately, which I used to do with sparce album downloads. I find this is much easier to custom cater, plus with links dropping left and right due to governinternet wars, these will stay up longer. I have been having a bit of reminiscing in some of my listening(nirvana, phantomsmasher, soul coughing) but a lot of good newer jazz, funk and classic krautrock from the cosmic couriers era. There are some scattered other records on here I've been checking out as well.


1 comment:

m.j.c. said...

glad to see update this thing, dude!